Am I in here?
"This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?" ~Lance Armstrong.
Wow!!!
I stepped on the scale a few days back and felt a pang of shock, fear and frustration. 201 pounds!!! When , who, why,how? Me, no way I am a workout-aholic. Then I stopped and thought for a minute, beer, oreos, didn't I fall off my bike and nearly kill myself. O and I couldn't run much after the family planning operation. So yeah realistically I should have expected to have gained a little weight. Ok, now I don't feel quite as bad... But wait 201? How the heck did I go from weighing 135 pounds when I was 23 to weighing 201 points at 33? Especially when I was 185 at thirty and trying to loose 10 pounds. Something is perhaps amiss. Or maybe not.
Ok, so here is the deal as I get older, I know that my metabolism will slow. Hence I can either accept a continual gain of bodyfat over time, or I can redouble my efforts to counter that effect. I have chosen the later and found this excellent article to detail the process.
http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=1222
So these are my stats as I've calculated them:
2190 (bmr)
I need to consume 2895 - 2400 calories to loose 1-2 pounds a week.
Of those calories 800 calories should be from protein a 27% protein intake.
About 580 calories would be from fat 20%
And the remaining 1534 calories from carbs 53%
I should drink about 1 gallon of water a day. 8 glasses. Man that is a lot.
I weighted myself this morning and was 197... I seem to be moving in the right direction.
Wow!!!
I stepped on the scale a few days back and felt a pang of shock, fear and frustration. 201 pounds!!! When , who, why,how? Me, no way I am a workout-aholic. Then I stopped and thought for a minute, beer, oreos, didn't I fall off my bike and nearly kill myself. O and I couldn't run much after the family planning operation. So yeah realistically I should have expected to have gained a little weight. Ok, now I don't feel quite as bad... But wait 201? How the heck did I go from weighing 135 pounds when I was 23 to weighing 201 points at 33? Especially when I was 185 at thirty and trying to loose 10 pounds. Something is perhaps amiss. Or maybe not.
Ok, so here is the deal as I get older, I know that my metabolism will slow. Hence I can either accept a continual gain of bodyfat over time, or I can redouble my efforts to counter that effect. I have chosen the later and found this excellent article to detail the process.
http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=1222
So these are my stats as I've calculated them:
2190 (bmr)
I need to consume 2895 - 2400 calories to loose 1-2 pounds a week.
Of those calories 800 calories should be from protein a 27% protein intake.
About 580 calories would be from fat 20%
And the remaining 1534 calories from carbs 53%
I should drink about 1 gallon of water a day. 8 glasses. Man that is a lot.
I weighted myself this morning and was 197... I seem to be moving in the right direction.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home