Damn can't win for winning...
Its hard making friends in Cali. Our looks seem to definitely factor into our diminished friendships. One of three things happen, - we intimidate people straight up (never get invited over), people come on to me or Krista (they never get envited back), or folks worry that we are or will be coming on to their spouses (we never get invited back).
This results in my friends generally being determined by a few factors...
There are the unltra sweet but horribly ugly friends, the ultra-religious friends (bordering on conservative wackos), the fine but so far away that nothing would ever happen which gives everyone time to figure out that we are just very blessed people and really don't trip friends, and friends that we had for years but moved away from friends. Or the "please tell your husband not to call and talk to me because it makes me uncomfortable" (also known as the - ain't that a bitch friends) and these were actually our best friends we've had made so far in the local area - who just moved to LA.
5 years I've lived here. In 5 years, I've earned more money than I could have thought of. I've held it down with a family of 5. I've kept my game intact. I've got a bunch of toys. I've remained young looking. And I have one friend, who never calls and never comes over.
WTF. One.
This results in my friends generally being determined by a few factors...
There are the unltra sweet but horribly ugly friends, the ultra-religious friends (bordering on conservative wackos), the fine but so far away that nothing would ever happen which gives everyone time to figure out that we are just very blessed people and really don't trip friends, and friends that we had for years but moved away from friends. Or the "please tell your husband not to call and talk to me because it makes me uncomfortable" (also known as the - ain't that a bitch friends) and these were actually our best friends we've had made so far in the local area - who just moved to LA.
5 years I've lived here. In 5 years, I've earned more money than I could have thought of. I've held it down with a family of 5. I've kept my game intact. I've got a bunch of toys. I've remained young looking. And I have one friend, who never calls and never comes over.
WTF. One.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home